The Global Contactless Payment Market was valued at USD 6.81 billion in 2016 and is projected to reach USD 39.73 billion by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 21.65% from 2017 to 2025.
The contactless payment system is an addition to the point of sales payment system that functions on the basis of not using transactions that are traditional such as credit or debit card, as well as cash. The implementation of this method results in the user having to only place their mode of payment (i.e. card) in close distance to the hardware that is being used to cashier. This action itself, without the input of a PIN, will be enough to be able to complete the transaction. There are several advantages of using such a system as contactless payment, this system is easy to use, extremely convenient, especially in comparison to traditional payment methods as well as it increases the overall efficiency in the payment method.
With the rising need for contactless payment, the technology is now being implemented in smart phones. This results in the necessity of a more flexible integration of the system with the already existing cards as well as an increase in the average transaction value. The application of this practice has led to an overall decrease in transaction time as well as rise in the average transaction value. This technology advancement has led to the increase of the adoption of systems such as the dual faced chip technology. These factors are driving the market for contactless payment market. The lessening of the deployment costs, weak standardization, and the security concerns that are related to this market are factors that are restraining the growth of the market.
The major players in the market are as follows:
- Giesecke & Devrient GmbH
- Proxama, PLC
- Verifone Systems, Inc.
- on Track Innovations
- Ingenico Group
- Oberthur Technologies Sa
- Wirecard AG
- Inside Secure
- Gemalto N.V.
- Heartland Payment Systems, Inc.
Reason to Buy
• Qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market based on segmentation involving both economic as well as non-economic factors
• Provision of market value (USD Billion) data for each segment and sub-segment
• Indicates the region and segment that is expected to witness the fastest growth as well as to dominate the market
• Analysis by geography highlighting the consumption of the product/service in the region as well as indicating the factors that are affecting the market within each region
• The competitive landscape which incorporates the market ranking of the major players, along with new service/product launches, partnerships, business expansions and acquisitions in the past five years of companies profiled
• Extensive company profiles comprising of company overview, company insights, product benchmarking and SWOT analysis for the major market players
• The current as well as the future market outlook of the industry with respect to recent developments (which involve growth opportunities and drivers as well as challenges and restraints of both emerging as well as developed regions
• Includes an in-depth analysis of the market of various perspectives through Porter’s five forces analysis
• Provides insight into the market through Value Chain
• Market dynamics scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
• 6-month post sales analyst support
Full Report is Available @